Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Sleep Studies and Daughter's Frustration

I had a sleep study last night to determine pressure for a new cpap machine. I've used my cpap machine faithfully for over 6 years, so I guess it was time for a new one. After being trained on the new one this morning, I suspect the pressure on the old one had dropped over the years. If that's the case, my sleep should improve with the new machine.
.
It took two nights at the sleep center to determine that I still need the pressure set at 13. I asked the technician if people commonly needed the same pressure on repeat studies. She said that unless there has been a lot of weight loss or some other change, the pressure rarely changes more than 1. It seems like a pretty expensive way to find out there hasn't been a change. The first night was over $1,000.
.
Daughter called yesterday evening. She was mad because there was a man visiting. She told the staff that she was uncomfortable, but they wouldn't make him leave. I informed her that she was going to have to learn to deal with men visiting, and if it made her uncomfortable, she should remove herself from the situation by going to her room or the loft area. She didn't like that, so she informed me she would see me Sunday and hung up on me. She hasn't called today. Her frustration at her inability to hook me has been growing. It will be interesting to see how long it takes for her to call, and if she'll continue trying to hook me. For now, I'm enjoying a break. I suspect she'll end up coming Thursday night for choir, but if she doesn't, that's fine, too.

No comments: