Friday, December 16, 2011

Frustrated Mom

Daughter and I had a good evening yesterday. She talked about some of her feelings. I can help when she's willing to talk about her feelings. I talked about the things she needs to do to get and keep a job. I reminded her that no place is perfect, and she needs to learn how to deal with frustrating situations, because she will always face them.
.
When she left this morning, there were some genuine tears-- she misses living at home. I was pleased with the way this visit went, and hoped maybe we'd turned a corner. Then she called this evening. They are out of her antipsychotic. The pharmacy is closed until Monday. The Christmas Open House is Sunday, and I was planning on having her with me all day and taking her to her program on Monday. I am dreading what being off her antipsychotic will do to her. I'm a frustrated mom. I just want to cry. I told Daughter to have whoever is on meds call me. That was 3 hours ago. I think they may be avoiding me. That may be a smart thing to do....

2 comments:

Miz Kizzle said...

That's not good. Can another pharmacy supply you with a few pills on an emergency basis? Does her psychiatrist have any suggestions? I would call him/her and see if anything can be done.
I'm surprised that the nurse at the group home didn't notice the supply was running low.

Reverend Mom said...

I just sent off an email that included all the team members whose email addresses I have, including case managers, house manager, nurse, therapist, and program manager.

They have delegated nursing-- select staff members are trained to dispense medications. The nurse oversees a number of different group homes. I don't have access to the psychiatrist over the weekend. I'm just supposed to admit her if there is a crisis over the weekend. That's what I'm trying to avoid.