Sunday, December 11, 2011

A Movie

I took Daughter to see a movie this afternoon. It is obvious that she is struggling right now. She doesn't know what she wants. I asked what goals she had for our upcoming meeting to set her case plan for the year. She wants to get her own place. I don't know if she understands how much she has to do before we can even talk about her living independently. I tried to engage her in a conversation about it, but she didn't want to talk about it. She was less offensive today, but I didn't feel like I connected with her.
.
I'm supposed to be headed to a party with colleagues right now, but I don't know if I'm going to make it. I'm sticking pretty close to the bathroom. I may just curl up and go to sleep. This is going to be a very busy week,and getting some extra rest before I jump into it might be a good idea.

1 comment:

Miz Kizzle said...

Yuck! I'm sorry you're sick, especially right before Christmas.
Does your daughter have any career goals in mind? Has she been exposed to any vocational training at her day program? From what you've written about her unwillingness to help out around the house even when you've offered to pay her she doesn't seem to be terribly motivated to work.