Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Missed Call

I missed Daughter's call this morning, but in her message she was happy and upbeat. Her storms come up quickly and blow over quickly. Staff gets to go home at the end of their shifts, which makes it easier for them to deal with it. It's much easier for me to deal with her when it's just phone calls once or twice a day. Of course, when she calls back tonight, it may be another storm. I should have saved the voice mail so I could go back and hear her happy after the frustrating calls....
.

2 comments:

maeve said...

I'm thinking seriously of not taking calls except within certain parameters of time. Last night I got a call at 9:15 pm when I'm hardly alive after a full day at work.

She's coming for christmas I guess but now she's sending me ridiculous lists. I told her that her gifts have been purchased and I'm not adding stuff as though she still lived here. Button pushing.

Reverend Mom said...

Laying the groundwork for Christmas drama. I hope I'm wrong, and you will enjoy your time together. I think setting times for the calls is a good idea.