Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Making Decisions

I had two phone calls yesterday evening from Daughter. They were happy calls, which was nice. In the first call, she told me she was going to get to go to jazz night with her home. She was very excited about it. I told her I looked forward to hearing all about it.
.
She called when she got back. She was still happy, though she'd been disappointed because jazz night wasn't what she'd expected. She asked for permission not to go to her program today. I started to tell her she had to go, but then I caught myself. "I trust you to make the right decision. I remind you, though, that when you don't go to your program you call me and complain about being bored." She insisted she needed a day off. "I trust you to make the right decision."
.
"You don't want me to call you complaining."
.
"That's right."
.
I had a call a little while ago from the home, checking to see if I'd told Daughter she didn't need to go to her program. I relayed our conversation. She's staying home. I told the staff member to remind Daughter that she said she wouldn't complain. I suspect it will be a long day, but it's not my problem.

No comments: