Friday, December 30, 2011

Today I Slept In

Today I slept in. I woke up to a day of absolutely no commitments. In fact, I don't have to do anything until I pick up Daughter at 3:00 tomorrow. I think I'll let her stay until Monday. I've decided I'm taking Monday off. The reality is that I really haven't had much time to simply sit and be. I preached Saturday and Sunday. Monday and Tuesday I prepared to host my family on Wednesday. Yesterday I had a memorial service to lead and then took Daughter shopping.
.
So today, I slept in. I have finished cleaning the house from our family Christmas. I have talked to Daughter-- a wonderfully happy, playful, non-manipulative Daughter. She is pleased that I will pick her up at 3:00 tomorrow. All she wants is to spend some time with me. She was disappointed when I took her back yesterday, but didn't object. She had to go back because I gave her the last of one of her meds. They had more at the house, but hadn't sent it with her. I'm glad I had to take her back, because it gave me the gift of this day.
.
Today I slept in. I'm not completely free today-- I'd like to get everything ready for worship Sunday, but I don't have anyplace I have to be or any immediate deadlines, and I'm enjoying the opportunity to just relax.

No comments: