Wednesday, December 14, 2011

An Apology and a Pleasant Evening

Daughter called this afternoon. "Hi, Mama."
.
"Oh, I'm your mother again."
.
Silence. More silence.
.
"Okay, last night was bad. I'm sorry."
.
She invited me to the party, provided I didn't embarrass her. I dutifully showed up a few minutes after the party started at 5:00. She wasn't there. The car transporting her home from program broke down. They'd sent someone to rescue her and the others. I talked to the house manager, who said Daughter seems to be adjusting well, and always greets her warmly.
.
Finally someone told me Daughter was dropping off her things and coming. (The party was at the men's house next door). She said Daughter was pretty upset. I told her I had figured she would be. When she finally came in, she was glad to see me and hugged me (in public). She was upset because someone who used to be in her program and is rather exuberant, to say the least was there. We got our food, and went back over to her house. We sat and ate together and chatted. It was pleasant. She was not happy when I mentioned I might not make the traditional egg casserole for Christmas morning, since we'll have to head out to worship, so I said I'd make it. I guess she likes that tradition more than I knew.
.
I left her and went to the warehouse store, and got home a little while ago. I think I was possessed by my mother while I was there, because I ended up buying more Christmas decorations. Now I'm going to go put them up.

No comments: