Saturday, December 10, 2011

Daughter's Request

Daughter called yesterday evening. She sounded down. She didn't apologize, but she didn't complain either. She asked if I could come get her today. I was surprised, and pointed out that she's miserable when she's here. She said, "Mom, I'm miserable every where I am right now."
.
I refused to pick her up today, but told her that if she did well Sunday morning, we'd do something fun before I take her back. I'm thinking I might take her to a movie. I have a Christmas party tomorrow, and need to see what time that is before I make my final decision.
.
While I wish she had apologized, I'm pleased that she made a straight forward request rather than seeking to manipulate me. We'll see how she does tomorrow, and what today's phone call brings....

No comments: