Friday, December 9, 2011

A Productive Morning

It's been a productive morning. It's not even 10:00, but I've made a batch of sausage balls, shoveled the snow off the driveway, been to the store, and completed a batch of cookies. I've also given Daughter something to think about. I had to call her a couple of times before she got up, and when I hadn't heard anything from her for about 30 minutes, I asked if she was about ready. She went off, telling me I needed to be more patient.
.
When she came into the kitchen, her favorite breakfast was waiting for her, as well as one of her favorites from the freezer for lunch. She obviously wasn't happy. As she got ready to leave, I said, "If you're so unhappy here, you don't have to come here." She stopped and just stared at me. She finally said, "Then we'll have to go to court."
.
"I'll still be your mom. I still love you."
.
"That's not what you're saying."
.
"You just seem so unhappy when you come here, I want you to know you don't have to come if you don't want to."
.
I don't know what she'll do with that. I suspect her story will be that I'm getting rid of her. Hopefully people will check with me before they jump to conclusions. It will be interesting to see if she calls to apologize tonight or refuses to call because she's mad at me.
.
Now my break is over and it's back to the baking. I have Christmas music on, and I'm enjoying the time baking and puttering in the kitchen.

No comments: