Wednesday, September 21, 2011

R & R

I'm enjoying my R&R: Retreat and Respite.

Daughter called yesterday evening, sounding happy. I shared wonderful conversations about life and ministry with my colleagues yesterday evening. It is a wonderful gift to be able to take this time away to worship and reflect on ministry. I am so grateful that I am no longer isolated, like I was in Tiny Village.

The colleague I saw on the board at the one residential placements is here, and I shared with the group that seeing his face was like a message from God. I realized last night that our small little rooms here at a Catholic retreat center are larger than some of the rooms I have looked at for Daughter.

Another of my colleagues here was at camp the week Daughter was at the high school camp. He said that they brought a special helper in to work with her that week. He said the other campers were good with her, but as I suspected, she really didn't fit in well at the high school camp. Next summer we'll stick to the special needs camps.

We have a program this morning, and then, after lunch, I will head back to the church. I wasn't going to bring my computer with me, but I had some writing I needed to finish for Administrative Assistant last night. I'm going to write one more article for her this morning before I pack up the computer and take it out to the car.

No comments: