Monday, September 12, 2011

Tours

Today I will tour two group homes. Daughter doesn't know anything about it. I am confident that this is the right thing to do, and it is time for her to move out. Yesterday evening she was ranting about how terrible it was for me to move her here, and how she should have stayed in a group home in Tiny Village's county. She doesn't remember the challenges she had with the sheltered workshop there.

I did some research about the first home we will visit. It is owned by a not-for-profit organization that has been running these homes throughout the state for 30 years. They deal with developmental disabilities and mental illness. They also do job coaching and provide other services. I liked what I read.

I know moving her will be hard. As Program Manger observed, Daughter will go into crisis mode after the move. Daughter was also talking about how she wanted to go back to camp this fall. She wants to get out on her own in a supervised setting. I will sell this as being like camp. Hopefully that will make it easier for her. There are so many things I don't know, so many details that will have to be worked out. Last night I laid awake praying for wisdom and guidance. Hopefully I will walk into one of the two places I see today and know it is the right one for Daughter.

No comments: