Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Taking a Toll

Daughter's current emotional roller coaster is taking a toll on me. I've been walking almost 4 miles in the morning, which helps. It's hard, though, to continue to ignore the verbal abuse and threats. It's not easy, wondering what I can say to her that won't trigger a rage.

Therapist suggested to her today that Birth Brother is feeding into the current crisis. Daughter was furious. Turns out Birth Brother has not been responding to her messages. I think Therapist is on to something. We talked about it some in the car on the way home, and she cried. I reminded her he was damaged, too, and that this is why I had discouraged contact.

She is setting one of the men in her program up to break his heart yet again. They have tried to keep them apart, but as Program Manager said, it's like Daughter's attraction to food. She can't control it.

I'm tired. No, that's not quite right. I'm depressed. I never know when I open my mouth if Daughter will respond by screaming, growling, or laughing. It's hard to keep my balance. I made her the pulled pork she asked for tonight. I bought her pickles and salt and vinegar chips when we stopped at the store to pick up buns. When I had the nerve to ask her to do a chore before she turned on her computer or the TV, she went ballistic. She's done with this family. There are times when I wish it was that easy....

No comments: