Monday, September 5, 2011

Daughter's Mental State

Daughter fell asleep sometime after 10:00 last night with the help of a sleeping pill. At 3:50, she woke up and the paranoia about her room was gone. I found her when I got up a little after 4:00 sitting on her bed with her computer. I suggested she go back to sleep. She did, and it was almost 11:00 before she got up this morning.

So it looks like she is continuing to cycle. Yesterday she was complaining of being depressed. Today she has worked along side me in the kitchen. I made a bunch of enchiladas for the freezer and at her request, some macaroni and cheese. Actually, I made rotini and cheese, as they didn't have whole wheat macaroni at the food service supply store today.

She chopped onions for me, but then got very irritable. She decided to clean out and organize part of the pantry. She did a beautiful job with it. She'd get mad and announce she couldn't do it, but then would quickly return to the job. I'm staying out of her way right now. Directions from me tend to trigger explosions. She's willing to be helpful, though, on her terms. I do see progress, but we still have a ways to go. We'll be updating the Psychiatrist tomorrow.

No comments: