Friday, September 9, 2011

Clueless

When I dropped Daughter off at her program, she tearfully said, "I love you, Mom. I'm sorry for whatever it is I did." I told her I loved her as she got out, and then as she walked away, I called her back. "Don't you remember threatening to kill me last night?"

"Yes, I remember. But that was yesterday."

She truly doesn't understand that her words hurt, and that the pain can carry over into the next day. I don't know how you teach that.

I talked to Case Manager this morning. We will go visit residential possibilities beginning at 10:00 Monday morning. Further investigation has resulted in more doubts about their suitability for Daughter. It's going to be impossible to find the perfect placement, I know, but I am not sure it's a good idea to put her in a placement where the night staff is a man working alone. The home also doesn't provide any transportation.

There is an all female home for individuals with personality disorders, but she doesn't qualify. Why doesn't she qualify? She doesn't have a criminal record. "So if she finally does hurt me and I press charges, she'll qualify or a placement that could handle her?"

I'm still struggling with what I want to do about Brother and family tomorrow. I stopped at the store after my chocolate chip pancakes, and bought some things with the thought of having company tomorrow. I guess I need to contact them and see if they're still planning to come.

This could be a very long weekend.

No comments: