Sunday, September 4, 2011

A Trip Down Memory Lane

Daughter just came running out of her bedroom, shaking in terror. She's convinced someone is outside her bedroom and getting ready to come in the patio door. We checked to make sure the patio door is securely locked, but she wanted to sleep in my bed. I told her it's too hot. She insisted she doesn't feel safe in her bedroom. I told her she could sleep on my bedroom floor. For years she slept on my bedroom floor because she was afraid in her bedroom.
.
She insists she can't sleep until I go to bed an am next to her. I gave her one of her sleeping bills and sent her in to set up on my floor. Hopefully the sleeping pill will kick in quickly. I feel so bad for her. She is struggling so much. She desperately wants to go out and do things, but when we do, there is a major meltdown when we get home. Tomorrow we're going to focus on mommy and daughter time here at home-- we're going to make enchiladas for the freezer. She probably won't be able to stick with the job, but hopefully it will distract her for a while, at least.

No comments: