Saturday, March 5, 2011

The Return of Energy

Daughter is definitely feeling much better today. I've been doing some cooking, and she's been staying in the kitchen with me, doing some cleaning (very slowly). She's not moving quickly, but the fact that she's moving and not sleeping is major progress! Right now she's walking the mall with the saint who takes her walking on Saturday's. It's too icy to walk outside today. We were getting rain, but now it has shifted to snow. I am so ready for spring. We are currently under 5 weather alerts-- 4 related to flooding and one related to the snow and icing.
.
I am feeling slightly overwhelmed by all I need to accomplish. I chose to do some cooking today because it is restoring for me. Much of ministry is never ending. With cooking, there is a beginning, and end, and a product to show for it. So, I'm cooking some chicken in broth. Part of it will be shredded and frozen for a meal I'm preparing for guests in 2 weeks. Part of it will become cream chicken and rice for the freezer. I have some other chicken cooking in fajita marinade. It will be frozen in small packages for fajitas, quesadillas, and tacos. I bought a big family pack of chicken at the store the other day, and this morning decided I wanted to cook it before freezing it. I also used my meal saver to freeze small packages of shredded cheese from the 5 lb bag I bought at the warehouse store a couple of weeks ago.
.
At some point today, I need to sit down and figure out a sermon for tomorrow. I did get my part of the dialogue for the 13th started and sent off to my partner yesterday. Lent is going to be a great deal of work, but I'm excited about the plans we are making. Daughter's improving health and the excitement about Lent have given me some energy for today. I'm grateful.

1 comment:

Heather said...

I'm glad you're regaining your energy, but I had to laugh because you're the only person I've ever seen who uses "Lent" and "exciting" in the same sentence! :) I understand the sentiment, it just amuses me ;)