Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Birthday Party

We're having a family gathering for Daughter's birthday this Sunday. Yesterday evening Daughter suddenly became very negative. I'm not sure what set her off. She has informed me that she doesn't want anyone coming to the house Sunday. She doesn't want to live near family anymore. If they come, she'll leave. I told her they were coming, and if she didn't like it, she was free to hide in her bedroom.

.

I anticipate that she will change her mind about the party several more times before it actually gets here. This will be the first time she's had a family birthday party. We've combined it with our celebration of Easter several times when we managed to get together for Easter (which wasn't very often-- I work on Easter), and I'm pondering if the idea of a party for her is too overwhelming.

.

It's never easy to figure things out with Daughter, and never will be.

2 comments:

Denise said...

I have been reading your blog for about a month now and I can totally relate to your struggles. What made me comment is your pondering whether or not your daughter's party is too overwhelming. I wonder those same things. I have a 14 year old RAD, ODD with possible FAS.

Your posts make me think and make me smile.

Reverend Mom said...

I'm sorry you can relate to the struggles. I'm thinking back on the past 10 years-- years that you are just beginning, and am glad we're through them. Of course, each stage brings it's own unique challenges. I'm glad you get some smiles from my post. Moms of kids like ours need smiles!