Saturday, March 12, 2011

Maybe Today

So after pouting in her room, Daughter came out to get her pills and insulin. She apologized again. I suggested she show me she was sorry. She informed me she couldn't do that. She thought she might be able to show me she was sorry by doing some work today. I'm not going to hold my breath waiting. I have confiscated her computer. If she's going to pout and sleep, she will need to do that in her bedroom.
.
I'm not inclined to prepare food for someone who is not willing to help around the house. Last night she had milk and yogurt for supper. Of course, there's no way of knowing what she might have eaten through the night. I am going to load my new music onto my ipod and tackle the garage. I never got that completely unpacked and set up before winter hit. It's not going to be particularly warm today, but it is supposed to be above freezing, so I think that is a good project that will give me a sense of accomplishment and distract me from her drama. I also have some shows I can watch on the DVR, and some books I can read. I'm not going to let her pull me down or suck me into her drama today. That will frustrate her immensely, of course.
.
For a wonderful change, everything is all set for tomorrow, so it can truly be a day off today. I'm going to make the most of it.

3 comments:

Miz Kizzle said...

Now the ball is in her court. Without her computer (or TV?) to distract her she's going to be bored. What does she do on the computer? I can't imagine her having a Facebook page but I may be underestimating her intellectual level.
Maybe she Tweets? I can imagine that.
"Still in bed. Sheets getting clammy. I hate my mom."
"Still in bed. Mom is mean."
"Still in bed. Threw wet sheets on floor. I want to be on American Idol."
"Still in bed. Bored. Hungry. Mom in garage. Can I get to fridge without her noticing?"

Reverend Mom said...

Thanks for the laugh! The tweets are right on.

She set up a facebook page for herself. I wasn't thrilled because there was a great deal of drama going on at the workshop in Tiny Village that involved facebook. I was congratulating myself on not setting her up with a facebook page when I got a friend request from her-- complete with picture she took using the camera built in to the laptop.

She has also figured out how to find TV shows online. It's amazing what she can do WHEN she wants to. I just wish she'd want to more often and with the right things!

Miz Kizzle said...

Facebook is, IMHO, the work of the devil. I am astonished by the drama it provokes among otherwise level-headed adults; I can only guess at the havoc it provoked among the workshop attendees.