Thursday, March 17, 2011

Spring!

It got up over 65 here today, and I have three little crocuses in bloom in my back yard. I still have snow drifts in my front yard, but they are definitely getting smaller. It was sunny today, but tonight we are supposed to be getting some thunder storms.
.
In other signs of spring, a very big, fat skunk chased one of the staff members in Daughter's program into the church today. We suspect she is very pregnant and has built a nest under the new storage building behind the church. The property chairman just returned from a tropical vacation, so we called him and welcomed him home with the story of the skunk. I think he may be headed back south....
.
The geese are passing through. One was perched on the peak of the church outside my office window last week raising quite a racket. I've heard reports of robins, but I've yet to see one. There are ducks back in the pond between the church and home.
.
I'm looking forward to doing my walking outside and exploring the parks in the area. I understand there are some nice ones. There is a walk along the river that is supposed to be nice. I'll have to figure out a way to bribe Daughter to get her to cooperate. Maybe I'll just do my exploring on Fridays, when I'm off and she is at her program....
.
Daughter has begun wetting herself during the day. Part of it is laziness and waiting too long. Part of it is attention seeking. Part of it is that staff is making her drink more water, and she's not used to having to go to the bathroom that often. Next week I'm going to suggest they start reminding her to go the bathroom every hour or so.

No comments: