Thursday, March 31, 2011

1.6 Miles

Daughter needed a blood draw this morning. We had been going to the lab behind her doctor's office, which is across town. That lab doesn't take Daughter's medicaid plan, so today I had to find a new lab. I found one just 1.6 miles from our house. The blood draw was a fasting one, so we went from there to the diner across the street for breakfast. It added less than half a mile to my commute to church. To go to the closest lab and get breakfast in Tiny Village was a minimum of 22 miles round trip. I was anticipating being very late this morning, especially since I overslept. Daughter was on time for her program. I was here well before Administrative Assistant. I like being back in civilization.

.

We are dealing with the kitchen locks so that we can keep them locked and prevent Daughter from sneaking off to get food. She has become quite adept at escaping staff to get at food. The program coordinator is going to consider legitimate careers where her skills in this area would be an asset. Got to put a positive spin on things!

3 comments:

Miz Kizzle said...

Cat burglar. Escape artist. Black Ops.

Anonymous said...

I was thinking Special Forces, CSI, magician.... KK

Reverend Mom said...

I was hoping for something legal.... I can see her as a magician-- she'd love being the center of attention!