Saturday, March 26, 2011

The Best Birthday Ever in a Number of Years

Daughter thanked me for giving her her "best birthday ever in a number of years." I was surprised, and asked her what made it good. "Just hanging with you."
.
I felt a little guilty, that I don't spend more time hanging with her. She had not been happy that I had a wedding scheduled on her birthday, so I was pleasantly surprised that she liked her birthday. I made jiffy blueberry muffins for breakfast, and let her sleep in. I played her karaoke game with her, and gave her a few hints on it. I made the time at the wedding brief, and then we headed to a fabric store. I am going to attempt to duplicate an outfit Brother had as a toddler and absolutely loved for Baby Nephew. When Mom tried to donate the outfit, Brother kept taking it out of the bag. He wasn't even 2 years old yet. He has a picture of himself in that outfit posted on his facebook page. So, I bought some fabric today for that, and then allowed Daughter to pick out fabric for a new skirt and blouse for Easter. We went to a steak house for supper, and Daughter ordered a low carb dinner so she could have dessert to celebrate her birthday. From there we stopped at the grocery store, and then came home, and I got busy in the kitchen.
.
We may go meet Baby Nephew tomorrow. Daughter seems to be over her cold. I'm making some corned beef and cabbage to take to them. I'm also making a broccoli salad for the dinner after church tomorrow. I'm still not sure about the afternoon. I may be getting Daughter's cold, and we both have to be very healthy before we'll go meet Baby Nephew. He outgrew newborn diapers by the time he was 5 days old. I want to meet him before he gets too big!
.
If we don't get down there tomorrow, they may come here next Sunday. Family is gathering to celebrate Daughter's birthday. We waited a week so Short Niece could be with us (she's with her dad this weekend). I'm off to bed-- early for me on a Saturday night. It's nice having the sermons done in advance. It certainly makes the weekends more enjoyable.

1 comment:

Miz Kizzle said...

You spend loads of time hanging with your DD, not to mention trying to get her to help out around the house, washing her wet sheets, taking her to appointments and trying to figure out a way to keep her from pillaging sweets.
If you made a pie chart of your daily duties I suspect the slice representing your DD would take up most of the pie.