Monday, March 21, 2011

Calendar

I printed out the calendar for the week this morning to plan menu and chores. I knew it was going to be a busy week, but I didn't realize how busy until it was there in black and white in front of me. We will be away from home every evening this week. I will only be cooking 2-3 evenings, depending on what I decide to do after the wedding rehearsal on Friday. I also have two luncheons this week. Fortunately, Daughter is in a much more cooperative mood these days. I placed the calendar in front of her and asked her to add her chores. She looked at it and said, "I don't know what to do, there isn't any time this week." I cut back on the chores and helped her schedule them in, and she was quite agreeable.
.
She was up this morning without me saying anything. I turned on the light, then pulled the covers off a few minutes later. We were out of the house by 7:00. We will head out at about 3:00 to go home. She'll clean the big bathroom while I cook supper. Then I'll drop her off with some of the saints and come back to the church for meetings. I have two at the same time, so I'll skip the finance meeting. I've yet to figure out how to be in two places at once.
.
Daughter's birthday is Saturday, so we will leave the wedding to go the fancy Italian place she requested some time back for her birthday dinner. We will celebrate with family on April 3rd. She will be 24 years old. At least physically she will be. She asked me to do her hair this morning, which I did. She's gone back to having me braid it because it's easier and doesn't get tangled. As I was braiding it this morning I was pondering her desire to live independently. I am never certain what is can't and what is won't with her, but the reality is that currently she needs my help to manage her hair, not to mention her diet and health. Tomorrow I am taking her to a supported living facility for supper. We are considering using them for respite. She wouldn't meet their criteria to live there, but it might work for respite. I hope it will work for respite. I really do want to figure something out so that I will have the freedom to go to conferences. There are several I'd like to attend, probably not this year, but possibly the following year. In order to do that, I have to have a safe place for Daughter to stay while I'm away.
.
It's going to be a busy week, but if Daughter remains as cooperative as she is today, it will be a good one.

No comments: