Saturday, March 26, 2011

Happy Birthday!

Today is Daughter's 24th birthday. We will celebrate by going out to eat after the wedding this afternoon. She seems to be feeling a bit better today, though she was rather unpleasant when I told her I needed to wash her hair. I responded to her protest by informing her one of us would do it today. She chose to let me do it. She's singing now, so that's a good sign. Her hair is clean, but I need to comb it out and style it a bit.
.
It is still extremely cold. It's hard to believe it's spring. At least the sun is shining. The wedding today is in a facility located in a beautiful, natural setting. I'm sure they'll want to take some pictures outdoors. They'll have to do it quickly or they'll all be frozen.
.
I bought Daughter a karaoke game for the wii. I had originally ordered it for Christmas, but decided to save it for her birthday after I purchased another game. It was in my office, still in the shipping box. She knew it was a birthday present, and when she was alone in my office a couple of weeks ago, she opened it. I simply said, "Well, you kind of spoiled the surprise, didn't you?" She's frustrated there is nothing to open. I probably would have bought her something more if she hadn't opened the gift early. She'll still get dinner out at a very nice restaurant, and I'll probably get her some new clothes in the next few weeks.
.
It's hard to believe she's 24. She's been with me 21 years, and next month we'll celebrate the 16th anniversary of her adoption. I never thought she'd need this much supervision at this age. It's a good thing I didn't know what I was getting into.

No comments: