Tuesday, March 22, 2011

New Life

Yesterday evening my sister-in-law gave birth to a healthy baby boy. This is Brother's first child. Dad went by his middle name, using just the initial of his first name. Brother was given a name that would repeat the first initial and the same middle name. Brother continued this tradition with his son. I find myself thinking about Mom and Dad a lot yesterday and today. How much they would have enjoyed holding their grandson. How proud Dad would have been to see the tradition continue. Daughter was talking about my parents, too. I think they are on all our minds as we celebrate this new life in the family.
.
If Daughter is healthy, we will make the pilgrimage to see this new family member Sunday afternoon. I look forward to meeting him. He will begin his life in the same home where my parents raised all of us. He will be surrounded with love, just like all of us were. There will always be new life.

1 comment:

maeve said...

So many congratulations to you and your family. Babies are such a blessing! Please post pix when you have them. Hooray!