Monday, February 1, 2010

Next...

I don't think this call is going to come through. That is probably a very good thing. The church would be very challenging. Very challenging. God knows best, of course.
.
Daughter continues to have problems with wetting herself. Brother got a call from her after church yesterday-- she was in the restroom and needed me to bring her clean clothes. My cell phone was still turned off from worship. She wet herself again at 4:00 this morning. I bought a kit to test to see if she had a UTI, which would be a convenient excuse and an easy fix. Unfortunately, she doesn't.
.
Today we're at my good friends' home. They both have things to do this morning, so Daughter and I are going shopping. This afternoon KJK and I will work on worship planning and Daughter will entertain herself with DVD's and video games. B was headed up to the shower. I told him as he passed the room where Daughter was sleeping to tell her if she got up, I'd take her shopping. He came down a minute later chuckling. He said he got no response until he mentioned shopping, then she was wide awake and ready to go.
.
I'm frustrated with the ongoing wetting problems. It's not one that is easily fixed. At this point, I'm telling her regularly to go to the bathroom. I'm ready for what's next-- her next physical symptom, the next church that is interested in me, my next call to begin. I'm ready to move on.

2 comments:

Linda said...

This must be so frustrating. First the seizures, now this. Even when a change is one that is wanted and a good thing, it's still change. Wish I had some answers for you- Good Luck!

Reverend Mom said...

Thanks. As you know, there are no easy answers with our kids. We just have to take it one day at a time. Sometimes the days are very long....