Saturday, February 6, 2010

The pre-Valentine Hunt

Daughter came home yesterday and announced she had agreed to be J's girl friend. I asked her why, and it had to do with the fact that he doesn't like Flasher, either. So, I reminded her of her history with J. We also had a crisis some time back because he was poking and touching her in ways that were reminiscent of the way her molesters had-- he wasn't molesting her, just touching her in the way that eventually led to molesting from family members. She had forgotten all of this, of course. She asked if she could get back with NG. I pointed out that wasn't fair to NG, who wants to get married. I told her we'd do a special mother-daughter thing for Valentine's Day.
.
She wasn't convinced. I told her, as I have before, that I can't control who she sees, and if she chooses to stay with J, I can't stop her. I told her that he would not be welcome in our home, and I would not take her to see him. She is concerned about Flasher's return. She said Case Manager had some good ideas, but they were private.
.
We got some snow last night. Not as much as they did some places, but enough that most events scheduled for today are canceled. Our challenge is drifting snow. The land is very flat, and the wind is strong. Part of my driveway is completely clear-- until you come to the drifts that are over 3 feet deep. It's going to be cold all week, and we have more snow predicted. I predict the workshop will be on a delay all week and closed at least one day. Fortunately, Daughter is more stable and is handling disruptions in her routine better these days.

No comments: