Sunday, February 7, 2010

Getting Back into the Routine

I have not been able to get back into the routine since we came back from our trip Wednesday night. Of course, Thursday I had surgery, and that has added to the challenge of getting back into the routine. I can now get my hand wet, but I still can't immerse it in water to wash dishes. I'm not supposed to do that for 2 weeks.
.
While my hand is healing well, and I'm not having much pain, it is definitely weak and there are things I'm just not able to do right now-- some of them surprising. Today I'm finally able to button blue jeans, which makes life easier.
.
Daughter is into food again, and there were tears yesterday when she had to confess that she'd eaten one of the cans of frosting she'd bought to frost my birthday cake. We have another snowstorm on the way, and I fear that the workshop will be delayed or closed all week. I have much I need to accomplish as Lent is rapidly approaching, and the house still isn't completely back together from the windows and now the wall repairs (which aren't completed).
.
Daughter is stressed about Flasher's return tomorrow. Tonight she's claiming that the voices have told her to use her razor to hurt herself. She's pointing to a rash on the back of her neck as evidence of this. I'm skeptical. I don't think she's used her razor. I don't think she's hearing voices. I do think she's anxious about Flasher's return. I'll let Therapist sort her out tomorrow evening. For now, I'm grateful the knives are locked up.

No comments: