Monday, February 8, 2010

Discoveries

While I am now allowed to get my hand wet and shower and such, I am not supposed to submerse my hand in water for another 10 days. Today I finally gave up on the idea that Daughter would help me out by washing the dishes that don't go in the dishwasher, so I donned rubber gloves and tackled the dirty dishes on the kitchen counter. I also decided to make more jello with fruit in it. I was very frustrated when I couldn't find the can opener. I finally started using a bottle opener to punch holes in the can of peaches. As I was pondering where the can opener could be, I suddenly knew. I went upstairs and opened the drawer of Daughter's nightstand. There, amid a bunch of spoons, an empty simply fruit jar, an empty fudge jar and an empty pineapple can, was the can opener. Now I'm concerned that I've been giving her too much insulin, as her blood sugars have been decent in spite of the extra food.
.
I am so tired of all of this. On closer examination of her wrist and neck it became obvious that she has been using her razor on them. It makes no sense to me, but then, very little of what Daughter does makes sense to me. She sees Therapist tonight, and Therapist thinks it may be time for her to call and consult with Psychiatrist.
.
We woke up to fog this morning, so the workshop was delayed. I decided to take her to the workshop. I had to take back roads, as the state route was closed due to a major accident (most people would consider the state route back roads, but it is clearer than back roads) I'm going to have to pick her up, too, since they ended up closing (which means the preschool is closed and there isn't transportation for adults, but they can still come). They are predicting 6-10 inches of snow beginning tonight and into tomorrow, so I suspect the workshop will be closed several more days. If we get that amount of snow, I will not be taking her in, as our country roads will be drifted shut.
.
She has called me a couple of times today, trying to convince me she can't stay. The Flasher didn't show up because the buses weren't running, but she has still worked herself into quite a state over his planned return. Right now, I don't want her near me. I'll get over it, but I am so frustrated with the lying and sneaking. The scary thing is the way she continues to escalate. I find myself wondering what will be next.
.
Did I mention that today is my birthday? I'm going to spend most of it in the car: took her to the workshop (12 miles from here) this morning. Went to the grocery store to prepare for the next storm. Dumped the groceries at home and headed in the other direction for lunch with a friend (10 miles from here). Now I'm home, but will leave shortly to pick Daughter up. We'll come home for supper, and then I'll take her back to town to see Therapist (11 miles from here). I should probably stop and get gas while I'm in town this next time. I should keep the tank full with a major winter storm coming. After we get home I have a phone interview scheduled with a church. That will increase Daughter's anxiety.
.
I'm ready for spring. Of course, then we'll be dealing with fog delays and cancellations. Maybe in my next church the workshop will be within walking distance-- then she can go no matter what the weather.

2 comments:

Corinn said...

Gah, that's rough. Best of luck with everything--and happy birthday!

Reverend Mom said...

Thanks.