Tuesday, February 9, 2010

The Search for a new Church

Yesterday I had a phone interview with a church about 50 miles from here in Small Town. They are in a different state and a different regional group. The congregation is a little smaller than the congregation I'm serving here. Tiny Village has 160 residents, Small Town has 6,000. Daughter could stay with Psychiatrist. I would be about an hour further away from family. The congregation was instrumental in starting the sheltered workshop in their community, and support Special Olympics. Small Town has been calling my references today.
.
I think this is a good thing. I think it might be fun. The search process is hard. I'm planning for ministry here, while trying to discern if God is calling me elsewhere. It becomes a roller coaster ride. It's hard on me, and even harder on Daughter. Tomorrow is another snow day. Snow days are hard on her, too....

No comments: