Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Today's Tall Tale

Daughter called me when she got on the bus to come home. She sounded down. "How was your day?"
.
"It was terrible."
.
"What made it terrible?"
.
"I had to spend the day in hiding."
.
"Who were you hiding from?"
.
"Flasher."
.
"What happened?"
.
"He said he's getting two of his very good friends and sending them down here to hurt me."
.
"Why is he doing that?"
.
"I don't know."'
.
"I hope this means you're through giving him a second chance. You are safe here, and no one is going to come here and hurt you. It won't happen."
.
"He said they were bringing weapons."
.
"You're safe. Nobody is going to hurt you here. I won't allow it."
.
She got off the bus and is sleeping on the living room sofa. I will probably never know what really happened today. If we were still living in the inner city, I might be a bit concerned about the threats, but Flasher doesn't have any friends with the means or inclination to drive the 12 miles here to Tiny Village to do Flasher's bidding and hurt Daughter.
.
I hope this means she's through with boy friends for a few weeks, at least.
.
Case Manager checked out Daughter's story about the fight yesterday. Daughter finally backed down and admitted she was mad at the other girl, who had hurt her by some things she'd said, and was trying to hurt her back. Case Manager again cautioned her about the danger of false accusations.
.
One of the reasons Daughter chose to go to the workshop today was because she thought they'd have their first work of the week. It didn't come in until the end of the day, so she was on down time all day. I suspect she's frustrated that she missed the senior luncheon and then didn't have the work she'd anticipated. I need to get her out of her pity poor me mode before we go over to the church tonight. I don't want her finding a sympathetic audience for her stories.

No comments: