Thursday, February 4, 2010

Carpal Tunnel



This afternoon I had surgery on my right wrist for carpal tunnel. I couldn't believe how easy it was. Of course, my hand is still numb, so I may feel differently when the anesthesia wears off and I can feel it again. The windows are are almost done-- one left to do tomorrow. They also decided to repair a couple of cracks. The cracks turned out to be a bit more than they anticipated. The top one is the vestibule. The bottom one is the guest room.










4 comments:

Linda said...

Glad to hear your surgery went well! I have carpel tunnel in my right wrist too. I haven't looked into surgery though. It's not time yet. How did daughter handle you having surgery?

maeve said...

Glad to hear it went well. Sending good thoughts that the pain stays away.

Reverend Mom said...

Daughter was worried, but handled it much better than I anticipated. I was to the point that the splint was no longer enough, and without the splint, the pain would wake me up.

Maeve, How's your eye? I just took my first vicodin.

maeve said...

Thanks for asking. Both eyes are good. The first is not as good as the second but I think they'll end up fine. I'm at day 2 with the second and I'm happy. Have Target glasses for reading and doc will prescribe something for astigmatism in a couple of weeks. Driving is still an issue but I'm doing it anyway.

I'm glad Daughter handled it well. I've heard about the middle-of-the-night pain with carpel tunnel. Sounds pretty bad. Glad to hear that you're gonna be done with that.

Keep us posted.