Friday, February 5, 2010

A Call from the Workshop

I received a call a little while ago from Daughter's Case Manager, who also had the two workshop bosses in her office. Flasher is returning to the workshop Monday, and they were trying to figure out how to handle that with Daughter. I'm grateful that they called me. We discussed strategies for equipping Daughter.
.
CM gets Daughter, and for that I'm very grateful. The biggest challenge is timing-- Daughter is trolling for a boyfriend in preparation for Valentine's Day. We decided that I would plan some fun Mother and Daughter thing for Valentine's Day to take her mind off romance. I think she's in a better place to deal with this right now. I hope, anyway. CM was going to talk to her today and help her make a plan for how she will deal with Flasher when he returns.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What became of NG? Is he out of the picture, romantically speaking? How many "eligible" men are there at that workshop, anyway?
Your DD needs to know that guys don't just hand over Valentine's candy and movie dates without a little bit of hugging and kissing in return.

Reverend Mom said...

She came home and announced she was going with Harrasser. I reminded her of their history. So she asked if she could get back with NG. I told her that while I know it's hard, she doesn't have to have a boyfriend for Valentine's Day. I promised a fun mother-daughter activity. I'm not even sure I've shared the whole story of Harrasser. Let's just say we live in a small county and she's been through most of the eligible men at the workshop.