Sunday, February 21, 2010

Adapting

I'm always trying new ways of reaching Daughter. This morning was another fresh approach. When she woke up (and she didn't wet the bed last night!), I asked her what her goal was for the day. She wanted to go shopping. I asked for her list from yesterday, and came up with a task list. If she did her daily jobs (bedroom, cat boxes, helping with laundry), cleaned the half bath, and helped me clean the living room, we'd go to town after I finish with my 3:00 and 4:00 meetings.
.
She looked over the list, and said, "Looks fair."
.
She's working her list, pausing every so often to marvel, "I'm doing it, I'm being responsible!" I am praising her progress.
.
We'll start every morning this week by naming a goal, and deciding how she can achieve that goal. I will post a calendar with the week's menu and a schedule of my evening commitments and her appointments.
.
I will pray very hard that the buses are running and on time all week! I asked the kids during the children's sermon this morning if they were ready for a full week of school on time. There was a no. I asked them if there parents were ready for them to have a full week of school on time. Their yes was even louder, much to the amusement of the congregation.
.
I have a youth group event next Sunday afternoon. I recruited a mom to take my place so I can go to the clergy women's retreat. So far, it's been a good day. I hope I didn't just jinx it!

No comments: