Monday, February 15, 2010

Crossing a Line

The day has not gotten much better. Daughter called Therapist and told her she needs a new family. I had to go get my stitches out from my carpal tunnel service, and then we went to the warehouse store. Daughter watched me carry all the groceries in and put them all away alone. She hid in her room all afternoon while I worked in the kitchen. She got mad when I told her to make her bed.
.
She apologized for her behavior, but has refused to turn it around. All day I had the nagging feeling that I was missing some money. This evening I finally sat down and rechecked. One week ago today, I had withdrawn $200 from the bank. We'd gone out to eat a couple of times, but we'd also been snowed in for several days. It seemed like I should have more than $30 of that left. So I called Daughter out of bed, and told her I was missing money. I asked her if she knew anything about it. She didn't respond. She looked away. I said, "Go get it." She brought down $100. I'm not convinced that's all of it, but she says it is.
.
Her goal is to find a new family. That's why she took the money. She's getting rid of me because Sister is finally getting a place of her own after living with her ex-husband for over 3 years. They are way under water on their house, but Sister is finally willing to walk away from it, and now has the resources to move out. Daughter is upset because she doesn't think it is fair to Niece for Sister to take her and move out. So Daughter is going to deal with her frustration at Sister's moving out by following her example and moving out herself. Makes perfect sense.
.
She crossed a line when she stole money from me. I'm not sure where to go from here. I'm running out of places to lock things up. I'm tired of having to keep everything locked up. I'm tired of hearing the door alarm every time she opens her bedroom door. It's been snowing this afternoon and evening. There had better not be a delay or cancellation tomorrow. I need that bus to come get her on time and take her away from me.

No comments: