Monday, February 22, 2010

Finally

The bus picked Daughter up on time this morning. Daughter called at lunch time, and she sounded chipper. I'd told her to call so that I could tell her what time I'd pick her up for her appointment with Therapist. She finally got to see Flasher, and said it was okay. She has been dreading his return for over 2 weeks, but due to weather today was the first day he was there.
.
She wet the bed last night. Today's carrot is that if she does what she is supposed to do, we'll play with the wii tonight. She is now on track to get her DVD player back tomorrow evening. She's back to wanting it back. That's good.
.
Case Manager called as soon as she got my email this morning. Supervisor is frustrated, because she trains staff and explains repeatedly what they need to do with Daughter, but they don't follow through. It looks like she won't be able to arrange respite so I can go to the retreat. I knew it was short notice. We'll see.
,
Throughout this Lenten season, worship is focusing on the foundations of the faith. We're building the foundation, and yesterday the theme was remembering. One of our women painted some large cardboard boxes as the building blocks of our foundation. Only problem was, I got out into worship and realized I'd left the remembering block in the office. One of the board members went and got it for me. Of course, the board is giving me a very hard time about the fact I couldn't remember the remembering block.
.
I heard from the church I've been talking to this morning. I'm one of two people they are considering. I'll go meet them and then they'll come here me preach. I should know something before Easter. As soon as the committee shows up in worship, people here will know I'm looking to move. I'd rather have the committee come here, though, than waste another of my few Sunday's off going elsewhere to preach for them. I also don't want to leave my people here during Lent. That's going to be a long time of uncertainty for Daughter (and me).
.
God will provide the right place at the right time. Patience is one of the hardest lessons God teaches us.

No comments: