Thursday, February 18, 2010

Real Progress

Daughter came out of her bedroom this morning with the things she needed to take a shower. It was the first time she hasn't lied to me about wetting her bed. She waited patiently upstairs until I was ready to go downstairs for breakfast. She was cooperative and affectionate. Her wet linens are in the washing machine. She is on the bus headed to the workshop, it was an hour late, but it came!
.
I am realizing the things I can't do because my laptop is in the shop. I couldn't get my email to download on our desktop at home, so I checked it as web mail here from the church. I had a request for additional information from the church that checked my references. I am getting the material out to them.
.
For our Wednesday evening Lenten services this year, we are using material from Max Lucado's book Fearless. The first one was last night, and it went very well. This is a busy time of the year, and the loss of my laptop complicates things, but it will work out. Tonight I have a concert, and will be able to forget about everything. I'm looking forward to it.

2 comments:

maeve said...

There's a somebody I'm longing to see
I hope that she/he turns out to be
Someone to watch over me

I'm a little lamb who's lost in a wood
I know I could always be good
To one who'll watch over me

Although I/he may not be the man some girls think of
As handsome to my heart
She/he carries the key

Won't you tell her/him please to put on some speed
Follow my lead, oh how I need
Someone to watch over me
Someone to watch over me

That's it....what she needs. Darn that Gershwin.

Reverend Mom said...

That wasn't part of the concert tonight, but I recently watched Mr. Holland's Opus again, and that song always hits me....