Monday, February 15, 2010

Bed Wetting

This morning is one of those rare mornings when I am angry. I should put a warning sign around my neck, though I think Daughter has figured it out by now. Daughter has been wetting the bed. I have checked her twice for UTI's, but those are negative. I have her on cranberry capsules as a preventive, so I didn't think we'd be able to find an easily fixed cause.
.
Yesterday morning when I opened her bedroom door, she was sleeping on the floor. I asked why she was on the floor and if she'd wet the bed. She assured me she hadn't wet the bed, she was on the floor because her hip was bothering her. I went in and pulled back the blanket on her bed, and it was wet. I pointed out the lie and told her to throw all the wet things in the washing machine.
.
At bedtime last night she'd "forgotten" to remake her bed. I told her to get busy and get it done.
I also told her to make sure she went to the bathroom before she went to bed, and told her I'd wake her up when I went to bed to go again. After she'd gone to bed, I went out to the laundry room and discovered that the laundry she'd supposedly taken care of had been dumped in a laundry basket with one dress laid over the top on a hanger. Of course it was all wrinkled, and of course some of the clothes are my dress clothes. I considered waking her up and making her come down and deal with it, but decided against it. I considered doing it myself, but decided against that, as well.
.
Two hours after she went to bed I went upstairs and woke her up. She kept ignoring me, and I was very angry by the time she came out of her bedroom. She had already wet the bed. I told her to put all the wet stuff in the bathtub, and get an old towel to put over the wet mattress pad so she'd have a dry place to sleep. She stood at the linen closet door forever. I asked what she was doing. "Looking for an old towel."
.
"Grab one of the blue ones and get back to bed!"
.
So, this morning when I got up, the bathroom stunk of urine. I opened the door to her bedroom and a brand new towel is over the wet spot and Daughter is sleeping on the floor. She says she didn't wet herself after she got on the floor. I'm too disgusted to see if that's true or not. I hope she didn't urinate all over the carpet. I told her to get up and get the wet stuff in the washing machine and herself in the shower. She took a very brief shower, so she still stinks of urine. I'm sick and tired of it all.
.
Why is she doing this? She's scared about the possibility of moving. Last night she told me we should just pack up everything and move this week. "Where are we going to move?" She didn't have an answer, of course. I have patiently explained to her that a move change the important things: we'll still be together. We'll have the same furniture and clothes. Cat and Kitten will still be annoying. I've reminded her of previous moves, and how they went well.
.
She told me last night she needed to be in the hospital overnight and threatened to hurt herself if I didn't take her. She claims she's hearing voices. Therapist and I are in agreement that she is not psychotic right now. I can tell when she's psychotic. Her blood sugar was mysteriously high this morning, so I'm going to need to go search her room for food. I'm also going to have to keep her in my line of vision all day. It's going to be a very long day....

5 comments:

Miz Kizzle said...

Do you have a waterproof mattress pad on her bed? You might want to put her in Depends before bedtime.

maeve said...

You must be ready to commit a crime of one kind or another.

When I get really crazy I read Heather Forbes and get crazier because I can't do that stuff very well.

Hope this disappears soon. Sadly, as you well know, it's impossible to control intake and outgo.

Reverend Mom said...

Miz Kizzle,

She has a waterproof mattress pad. When she was wetting the bed as a young teen, I had her in depends. She soaked through them every night, so I'm not going to waste my money.

Maeve,

She's staying away as much as possible. She watched me unload the groceries from the car alone. I came into the kitchen and she'd dumped all her stuff in the middle of the floor. I informed her that if she wasn't going to help, she could at least refrain from creating a mess and told her to get her stuff out of the kitchen. I also suggested she didn't need 4 pairs of shoes on the back porch. She collected her things and vanished into her bedroom. I don't expect to see her again until she gets hungry. I think that's good. I'm listening to devotional podcasts. That always helps.

maeve said...

So, here's an idea. You could have Kara come to live with you and talk her out of fulfilling her wish to be pregnant. I have PTSD.

Interesting that she's avoiding you. This is Miss K's strategy when she's feeling crazy (squirrely) as well. I wonder why?

Reverend Mom said...

Let's arrange a trade-- I'll meet you half way. I'll even give you my cell phone number so that you don't have to figure out insulin on your own....