Saturday, February 27, 2010

Overcoming Inertia

Last Saturday I didn't accomplish much, so I was determined that today would be different. I also decided I wasn't going to react to Daughter. I got up and made her favorite breakfast, and she "didn't hear" me yell that breakfast was ready. Of course, she told me that Kitten heard me and was trying to make her get up. Yup, that makes sense.
.
Anyway, I called her a couple of times, and when she didn't come I ate breakfast and put the leftovers away. When she finally came downstairs I went ahead and warmed up some breakfast. I think she was shocked and pleased that I didn't make her eat oatmeal since she ignored my shouts. It's about grace-- something none of us deserve. I think she was shocked that I didn't try to force her to get up. I spent the morning in the kitchen, cooking and cleaning. I'm making chili today. I have 4 pounds of dry pinto beans cooking on the stove and 4 1/2 pounds of seasoned ground turkey, onion, and green chilies in the refrigerator waiting for the beans to finish cooking. Most of the chili will go in the freezer-- some will be used with the tamales I made and froze. Some I'll put in portion size containers with macaroni, and we'll have chili-mac we can use for lunches.
.
When Daughter finished eating, I asked her to put away the clean dishes. It took her forever, of course, but I intentionally didn't watch her so I wouldn't get frustrated. I pulled out my ipod and have been listening to sermon podcasts this morning. Listening to the sermon podcasts always is energizing and renewing.
.
I talked to Nurse at Psychiatrist's office yesterday. Psychiatrist wants Daughter off the Depakote and is starting her on Trileptal. Nurse called in a prescription right after I got home from Town on terrible roads. This morning I woke up to a 4 foot snow drift against the garage door, but that has now been cleared, so we may make a run to Town today to pick up the prescription. Before we go to town, though, I need to get some work done on the sermon for tomorrow. Hopefully it will continue to be a productive day.

No comments: