Saturday, February 13, 2010

An Easy Decision

I was struggling about whether I was going to accompany Daughter to state basketball skills or let the respite provider do it. Today she made the decision easy for me. She got a silver medal today, and she pouted and refused to talk to her friends and was sitting on the floor in front of me leaning heavily on me. She refused to smile for the pictures. If I hadn't been there, I'm sure she would have been a much better sport. She refused to wear her silver medal. There was no talking her out of her bad mood.
.
So, I'm going to stay home and let the respite provider take her. I don't need to listen to her whine, and I suspect if I'm not there, she won't whine. I will have a Saturday all to myself while she goes to state. I'm looking forward to it.

No comments: