Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Planning

KJK and I worked on worship planning most of the day today. I'm pleased with what we've accomplished. It's always exciting to plan worship themes. We've both been through the lectionary more times than we like to count now, and so it is especially exciting when we find a new perspective, which we did several times today.
.
I also rewrote the information for my search for a new position. It is an involved process that involves answering questions about leadership style, accomplishments, faith, theology, service to the church, etc. I sent it off to Far Away Sister, who thought it looked good. She had some minor suggestions for improvement, and encouraged me to look at where I would be willing to move.
.
In many ways the fact that I'm not going to be moving soon made the worship planning process easier-- I wasn't trying to anticipate the needs of a new church.
.
Daughter has done well. This has been a good indication of her emotional improvement. She has basically been left on her own to entertain herself. I've let her sleep in both days. Yesterday we did some shopping. Today we're finally going to go see the movie Blind Side. KJK has a board meeting she has to attend, so we're going to the movie while she's in her meeting, and then we'll go out to eat. Daughter has watched TV with Uncle B and played wii with him while her Aunt K and I worked. It's kind of nice that Uncle B was downsized and is around to do things with Daughter. It's been great to hear her laughing and enjoying herself.
.
She was down for a while last night, and told me she couldn't take being rejected by churches anymore. I told her that God has someplace better in mind for us. I just hope that better place is revealed to us soon.

No comments: