Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Withdrawal

Last night I was sitting on the couch, watching the Olympics, cruising on-line when suddenly my laptop shut down. It won't restart. I think I am going through withdrawal. I had to write my notes for upcoming sermons by hand. I couldn't keep track of cancellations today via my computer. I actually had to call the workshop to find out they'd gone from a delay to being closed.
.
I had breakfast scheduled with a young woman, so we dropped Daughter at the workshop, ate breakfast, dropped my computer at the computer hospital, picked up Daughter, and came home. Now I'm sitting here in the church office trying to decipher my hand written notes.
.
Daughter was grateful for a little bit of time with her friends today. Supposedly they will have a diagnosis on my computer by tomorrow afternoon. The breakfast and conversation were good. She is trying to climb out of her hole, but there will be some work involved and she doesn't like work. I unreasonably don't consider the kitchen floor done when there is still cat food on it. She has until Friday to get it right.
.
I will be going to the Gershwin evening with a member of the church tomorrow evening. She has been under some stress lately, and really wanted to go to this concert but couldn't afford a ticket. I told her it would be an evening away from daughters, work, and all stress. Daughter was rather shocked when I told her she'd be staying home with an aide. I reminded her that she had told me she didn't want to go to the concert, so she wasn't going. She hasn't said anything, but I know she's disappointed. She really does enjoy the concerts, and would have loved this one. Maybe next time she'll remember to be grateful and not complain when I buy concert tickets.
.
We're both in a better place today, even with my laptop issues. Hopefully things will continue to improve.

4 comments:

maeve said...

Have a great time at Gershwin. He's among my favorites -- Bop and I never missed a "Gershwin Night" at Blossom or the orchestra. Great memories -- Thanks!

maeve said...

Oh, and, lucky for you that you get to go with a friend. And too bad for daughter that she needs to suffer the consequence of being ungrateful. One can only hope that the lesson will stick for a minute or two.

Reverend Mom said...

Thanks. Saw my date tonight at the Ash Wednesday supper and service. She is very excited. Her daughter reports she did a happy dance after she talked to me. Her husband and Daughter can have a pity party while we're gone.

maeve said...

Good for you guys! Have fun. Gershwin is the best!