Thursday, February 11, 2010

Back to the Workshop

The snow has now cleared enough that Daughter was able to go the workshop this morning. The bus was on an hour delay, but it came. Two days of cancellations were hard on both of us. Daughter has developed a theory about the source of her stomach upset the other day. She has decided that she is pregnant. We've gone through this before, though it has been a while.
.
"Have you had sex?"
.
"No."
.
"Then you aren't pregnant."
.
"I could be."
.
"You can't get pregnant if you haven't had sex."
.
"But when Flasher flashed me he got close to me."
.
"You aren't pregnant."
.
"I still think I should do a test."
.
Is it her intellectual limitations or her mental illness that make her so certain that she's pregnant? I don't know. What I do know is that I'm very grateful she's back at the workshop and I had a very productive morning without her here. Now I'm going to head to City to visit one of the saints in the hospital.
.
Small Town is continuing to check my references. I think that's a good thing.

No comments: