Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Overwhelmed

Daughter is very easily overwhelmed right now. She didn't do anything in her bedroom last night because she was overwhelmed and didn't know where to begin.
.
Today she called me twice from the workshop, begging me to come get her. I assured her she could make it through the day, and she did, though reluctantly, and only because I refused to pick her up. She didn't do any work when it came in, because she was overwhelmed (though she told them she didn't feel good.)
.
She has a new boyfriend, and wants to spend time with him. She recognizes that that means she'd best be super cooperative at home. So, she came home and asked for a list of chores. I told her I wanted her to do three things in her bedroom: put away the clothes and shoes on her floor (there aren't that many), and clean out one of the bags she's used to hide things. She told me she thought we needed to strip down her room again. I've done it before, and was thinking it was time, I just didn't have the energy to do it. So, since she has requested, I think we'll make it our Saturday project this week.
.
She's trying, but every thing is a struggle for her right now. I called and talked to Psychiatrist's nurse today. I've had her on the proper dose of Depakote-- which is 1250 mg. Today I find myself wondering if it will have to go up again. She is showing early warning signs of hearing voices. We're taking it one day at a time, but the days are a real struggle for her right now.
.
I had a productive day in the office, and am feeling less overwhelmed. Thanks to the work we did on files yesterday, I was able to find a form I needed quite easily tonight. Now if only I could get my computer and new wireless computer to communicate so I could print out another form I need....

No comments: