Friday, November 6, 2009

Accentuate the Positive

I'm trying to remember the song that has that line-- accentuate the positive. It will probably be bugging me all day now.... Yesterday, in the midst of her frustrations with the chores she had to do and my corrections of it (clean mirrors aren't streaked), Daughter went outside for something. There was excitement in her voice as she called, "Mom, come here! Come quick!" She wanted me to come outside and see the sunset with her. It was beautiful. I thanked her for sharing it with me. I was delighted that in the midst of her struggles, she was able to see and appreciate the beauty of creation.
.
This morning I could smell her before she even came downstairs. She put on perfume. She fussed with her hair. She has a date tonight. Nice Boy (NB) is coming over for supper and a movie. He wanted to take her to a football game (but I think the season is over), but I said that before they could go out together they needed to hang out here at the house a few times until everyone was comfortable with the situation. Neither one of them objected. I've met NB's mom through Special Olympics, and I like her. NB has some challenges with anger management, but he's a great improvement over Flasher and some of her previous boyfriends. I will be surprised if their relationship lasts long enough for them to get to going out on dates together, but we'll see. For today, she is very happy. They have ordered meatloaf, mashed potatoes, corn, and a chocolate dessert for supper. I have a lunch date with a colleague today, and after that I'll stop by the nursing home and then pick Daughter up so she can go to the grocery store with me and come home and help me get ready. She's so excited. No one could say she's over medicated today!
.
Okay, I went on line and found the video of the song. Now maybe I'll be able to get some work done.

No comments: