Thursday, November 12, 2009

I Shouldn't Whine, but...

I am grateful that Daughter's flu has been such a mild case. I really am. Over all, she has been cooperative and not demanding. I need to keep reminding myself of that. I need to be grateful-- Nephew is still sick, and Far Away Sister reported this morning that she is officially stir crazy. This is his 7th day with it. His case is also mild, and he's also been cooperative. So does it sound ungrateful if I now say I want Daughter to go back to the workshop? The little things are much more annoying.
.
It is a struggle for her to hold the thermometer under her tongue.
.
She doesn't blow her nose unless I tell her to.
.
She has no sense of personal space, so no matter what I am trying to do in the kitchen, she is in the way. Today I told her I'd finish something up for her (because she was being overly dramatic at how difficult it was, getting on my last nerve), and I had to tell her to move because she was totally blocking my access to the task.
.
She has this need right now to be close to me-- she slept in the recliner in my room last night. I have a need for some space from her right now. I know that if she doesn't get her need to be close to me met, it will be even harder, so I'm biting my tongue and sucking it up....
.
Okay. Now back to the official line. I am grateful that she has such a mild case of flu and is recovering so well. I am grateful that she has such a mild case of flu and is recovering well. I am grateful....

No comments: