Tuesday, November 3, 2009

A Good Morning

Daughter was up on her own this morning. She came down with a cheery, "Good morning!" and gave me a kiss. For the second time ever, our blood sugars were identical this morning-- and very good at 90. That's the lowest mine has been in a quite a while-- which confirms that stress will raise blood sugar. I've told Daughter no about a couple of things, and she has accepted the limits I've given her. She even came to me and said, with a grin, "I suppose you're going to say no if I ask...." I did, of course.
.
This morning I looked at her discharge papers from the hospital and realized that she is supposed to be on 1750 mg of Depakote. I've been giving her 1250 mg. The nurse told me Psychiatrist had taken her up 250 mg the first day. I confirmed that that put her at 1250. Now I need to find out where the 1750 came from. The problem with higher levels of Depakote is her tremors get much worse. I'm going to call the nurse this morning to try and figure things out. Tonight we have to fill pill boxes, so I really do need to get it figured out.
.
I'm looking forward to a good day. I'll be in the office this morning, and then this afternoon I'll go to Town. I'll pick up prescriptions and visit the saints in the nursing home. We have a new baby (who was born right before the children's sermon on Sunday-- the text came in and I announced it to the children), but I don't think I'll try to visit. I'm sure with the H1N1 precautions I wouldn't be able to get in, anyway. They could very well get home today, and since they live here in Tiny Village, I'll give them a call and see about stopping by at home.
.
It is so good to be settling back into normal. At least, normal for us!
.

No comments: