Friday, November 27, 2009

Home

We met Brother for breakfast this morning, and then headed home, arriving here about 1:30. I woke up with a very sore back this morning. I think it must have been the motel bed. Daughter had to help me put on my socks. Daughter is exhausted. She's currently sleeping in a very uncomfortable position in a chair. I think she chose that spot because it is near me.
.
I have a wedding rehearsal in an hour. I said we'd attend the rehearsal dinner, and I have no idea why I agreed to that at this point, but I did. I still have to write the meditation for the wedding and a sermon for Sunday. I'm not motivated to do either. Mom would have been 79 today. I tell myself that's not important, but it is.
.
I look forward to coming home and sleeping in my own bed tonight, with a cat curled up at (or preferably on) my feet. I'll let Daughter have one of them for her feet (or maybe her butt). I also said we'd attend the reception tomorrow evening, again, I don't know why. Hopefully both will serve to distract me from the fact that today is Mom's birthday.
.
We made it through Thanksgiving. Daughter is already beginning to worry about Christmas, but I think Thanksgiving and Mom's birthday are the bigger challenge. I need to get Daughter moving, and I need to get over to the church and make sure everything is set up for the wedding. I need to brave a store to get a card and gift certificate for the happy couple at some point, too. That will have to wait until tomorrow.
.
We're home, and we survived the first Thanksgiving. Do you ever wonder who I'm trying to convince?

1 comment:

debinca said...

prayers to you both, an no I never wonder who you're trying to convince (smile) One step in the right direction is great!

have fun tomorrow if possible, I am impressed with you both! Owl