Friday, November 6, 2009

The Date

Daughter had her date tonight. I made meatloaf, mashed potatoes and gravy, broccoli and brownies for them. Daughter set the table in the dining room, and the two of them ate there. Then they sat on the living room couch and watched Bruce Almighty. This was different from other times she's had guys over. NG and Daughter have been friends for quite a while. They talk. They've always talked, even when they were "dating" different people. They talked, and laughed, and obviously enjoyed being together. After the movie, he left. She snuggled against him for the movie, and they kissed on the front porch. She has thanked me several times for cooking for them. She is so happy.
.
Will this relationship last? I doubt it. But hopefully they will have some fun before it's over.

2 comments:

Adelaide Dupont said...

Bruce Almighty sounds like a good movie. As far as I know it's all about Noah's Ark and other things.

Glad Daughter had such a terrific date, and that the lines of communication and gratitude are open.

The meal: now that is food!

Reverend Mom said...

Confession: I'm not a big fan of meatloaf. But Daughter and NG like it, so I made it.

You're thinking about Evan Almighty, the sequel to Bruce. Both are cute, and I own them both because they're great for youth group discussions.

I'm glad the date went well, too. She needed something positive. Thanks.