Monday, November 9, 2009

A Mild Case

Well, it seems that if Daughter does have H1N1 it is a mild case. Her appetite is down, her blood sugar is slightly elevated, she's coughing, she's running a low grade fever, and she's complaining quite a bit. Last night she came downstairs after she went to bed in a panic, "Mom, my body is on fire! I'm burning up inside! I'm feeling terrible!"
.
Her skin felt cooler to me, but I stuck the thermometer into her mouth. Her temperature was 98.5. "You're temperature is down to normal. You're getting better."
.
"Oh. Then why am I so hot?"
.
"Take some of the blankets off your bed."
.
"But then I'll be cold."
.
"Take one off, leave one on, and if you get cold pull the other one back on."
.
She vanished back up the stairs not to be heard from until morning.
.
She had her normal breakfast, but has yet to eat lunch, and it's now almost 3:00. She'll be down when she gets hungry. I'll keep her home tomorrow, and the workshop is closed on Wednesday. Hopefully she'll be able to go back on Thursday.

No comments: