Sunday, February 26, 2012

On a Cheerier Note

I had a wonderful time yesterday with Sister and Baby Nephew. He is such a good baby. Over 5 hours, and the only time he cried was when he had a dirty diaper. When I started to change him, he stopped crying.
.
Sister and I did some shopping. A friend has opened a new store that specializes in bird feeders and supplies. I spent too much money there, but may have a bird feeder that will foil Oscar the persistent squirrel. He took the squirrel proof top off the last squirrel resistant bird feeder I bought and hid it so I couldn't put it back on.
.
Baby Nephew has been close to walking for months. Brother and Sister-in-law informed us we weren't to tell them if he took his first steps for us. As I was getting ready to leave, I was hugging him. He was pointing to the cat and saying, "cat." I said, "You're talking before you walk. When are you going to start walking. I put him on the floor several feet away from me and he walked over to me. I resisted the urge to text Brother and tell him what had happened.
.
We will be receiving 7 new members in 2 weeks, including baptizing 2 individuals who are over 80 years old. It is wonderful to see the way God is at work at the church. I think of bringing Daughter back home, but know that would be quite challenging with all the things that are going on at the church right now. This is to be a cheery note, though, so I won't go there. I'll celebrate watching Baby Nephew take his first steps and the growth in the church.

No comments: